Wintermute Engine > Community bulletin board

Poll: Do you actively use WME for game creating?

<< < (2/3) > >>

metamorphium:
TheDerman: unfortunately it's nowadays not true anymore. Even most of the commercial adventure games have gameplay below 10 hours ranging from 4.5 hours up. And in the indie scene the time perception gets different. So indie game with morethan 10 hours gameplay is certainly huge. ;)

Besides this poll is really orientational. I'm not going to publish paper according to collected data. >:D

Mac:
Hi,

I voted for the "huge sized independent". We will release our game in two halfs. The first half has a playtime of round about 8 hours of gameplay now so it would fit to "medium sized", but with the release of the full game it will be much more than 10 hours so I chose "huge".

Mac

zyndikate:
None yet, but the script is  almost ready and will be started when I got my hands free..

Daniel:
I'm working hard on a commercial title and judging from the size of the script so far, it's going to be a huge one. Except the initial testing, I haven't started actual work with WME yet but I have already decided on using it simply because it's the finest adventure engine around and I tested other engines as well. I hope to start real soon.

TheDerman:
Our game is 20 hours - I consider this slightly more than "regular size" - I'd say normal size is 12-15 hours.

4.5 hours? Sounds really short to me, for a full game. Maybe for an episode in a series it's ok, but for a full game, no publisher will publish that. Anything less than 10 hours, publishers aren't interested (not in funding you anyway, maybe if you self financed they would).   ;D 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version