General Category > Software and games

Gabriel Knight series

(1/4) > >>

odnorf:
Yeah.. I know all three games from the trilogy are not new but they are great. I just found  "Gabriel Knight 2" on a DVD (it was 6cds!), and I am playing it for the first time in my life. It uses the same crappy engine (it won the price of the CRAPPIEST engine for me) as Phantasmagoria did but it's MUCH BETTER. It's the only game with real characters and backgrounds that I like! Ofcourse I have to add that GK1 & 3 are also excellent games...

PS. I have read somewhere that the creator of GK series (Jane Jensen) is working on a new terror-mystery-fantasy adventure game (but not a GK4).... I am really looking forward to play it... (edit: see below for a link)

EDIT: After a few days I decided to change the 7CDs with the correct 6CDs.... And I also correct a few typos.

Mnemonic:
Wow! I didn't know there was a DVD edition of GK2! I have the original 6CD version. Does the DVD edition have any enhanced movies or something?

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 13, 2003, 10:08:29 PM ---It uses the same crappy engine (it won the prise of the CRAPPIEST engine for me)

--- End quote ---
Yes, the playable scenes are very "static", but they are glued together by all those movies and IMHO it works pretty good.

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 13, 2003, 10:08:29 PM ---Ofcourse I have to add that GK1 & 3 are also excellent games...

--- End quote ---
I love them all. I'm a great GK and Jane Jensen fan ;D

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 13, 2003, 10:08:29 PM ---PS. I have read somewhere that the creator of GK series (Jane Jansen) is working on a new terror-mystery-fantasy adventure game (but not a GK4).... I am really looking forward to play it...

--- End quote ---
It's my most anticipated adventure game project!

http://www.justadventure.com/articles/E32003/jenseninterview/JaneJensenE3.shtm

odnorf:

--- Quote ---Wow! I didn't know there was a DVD edition of GK2! I have the original 6CD version. Does the DVD edition have any enhanced movies or something?
--- End quote ---

There isn't any DVD edition. It's just all the cd's copied in the same DVD. The files (and the movies) are exactly the same as in the original cd edition.

--- Quote ---Yes, the playable scenes are very "static", but they are glued together by all those movies and IMHO it works pretty good.
--- End quote ---

It's not only that. This engine is slow and buggy (sierra knows about bugs). And all those small videos when you try to to anything are ver anoying IMHO. The good thing is that the videos in GK2 have very good quality, nothing compaired with the bad-quality videos of phantasmagoria.

--- Quote ---http://www.justadventure.com/articles/E32003/jenseninterview/JaneJensenE3.shtm
--- End quote ---

Yes! That was it! Thanks.... I couldn'r find it anywhere.

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 14, 2003, 10:47:40 AM ---It's not only that. This engine is slow and buggy (sierra knows about bugs). And all those small videos when you try to to anything are ver anoying IMHO. The good thing is that the videos in GK2 have very good quality, nothing compaired with the bad-quality videos of phantasmagoria.
t was it! Thanks.... I couldn'r find it anywhere.

--- End quote ---

I don't remember encountering any bugs. And those videos can be skipped ;) But like I said, those backgrounds are totally static. Not a single thing moves there. And also the main character is just standing there without a slightest movement. Still, the story is excellent and I enjoyed the game very much.

renno:
What does IMHO mean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version