General Category > Software and games

Jack Orlando

(1/2) > >>

odnorf:
I am just playing "Jack Orlando : a cinematic adventure, the director's cut edition" and I have to say that it has A LOT of character animations!!! In fact it has more character animations than 3-4 regular adventure games! It's really impressive. :)

I haven't played it much yet (just for 30 minutes) but I have found 2 small bad things : the speech is not as good as the graphics, the interface is a little strange, and one REALLY bad thing : it is using the windows save system (remember myst & riven) which I hate. :(

PS. This game was never pulished in Greece, and the copy I have is from a greek magazine (magazines are a very good way to buy good games for a very cheap price, that is ofcouse if you don't care if the game is 2-3-4 years old - and I don't).

Mnemonic:
I remeber playing a demo long long time ago. I enjoyed the demo back than, but the reviews of the full game weren't very good, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it haven't been published here neither.
It's a Polish game, isn't it?

odnorf:

--- Quote from: Mnemonic on July 02, 2003, 02:22:31 PM ---I remeber playing a demo long long time ago. I enjoyed the demo back than, but the reviews of the full game weren't very good, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it haven't been published here neither.

--- End quote ---

I really don't care much about reviews. They usually suck! Most of them are made by people that don't know sh*t about adventures.

--- Quote from: Mnemonic on July 02, 2003, 02:22:31 PM ---It's a Polish game, isn't it?

--- End quote ---

I think.

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: odnorf on July 02, 2003, 02:37:26 PM ---I really don't care much about reviews. They usually suck! Most of them are made by people that don't know sh*t about adventures.

--- End quote ---

OK, I'll wait for *your* review ;)

odnorf:
There are two versions : the first one which has many-many-many bugs and the "director's cut" (the version I have) which was designed from the beginning (even the graphics were recreated).

Which version have you played?

I said in one of previous posts the "Jack Orland" doesn't have very good speech. I have to change this line to "it has VERY BAD speech"... it's definetely one of the worst that I have heard in an adventure game. But the rest of the game is very good so far.

More informations will come in the next days... stay tuned... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version