Game development > Game announcements

Fred English Public PreAlpha ready!!

(1/7) > >>

McCoy:
I know that it has passed a lot of time since I said "the prealpha will be ready tomorrow", but blame the translator, all the delay was caused by him  ::).
But now it's ready to rock! Download the Fred English Public PreAlpha (what a long name) here!:

http://www.forbidden-games.com

And please, post your comments, i'm very interested!!  ;D

Jerrot:

--- Quote from: McCoy on July 04, 2003, 03:43:27 PM ---Sorry if anyone saw the old post (I guess not), I deleted it because the prealpha had a little bug, and some things without translate, now all is fixed & uploaded  ;D.

--- End quote ---

There still are some missing translations, especially when looking in the inventory and using things there. But that's okay for an alpha version.

Anyway - what a great improvement from the first alpha! I was surprised you already implemented some nice fitting music and sound effects (even for walking). And I laughed my ass off when opening the fridge. ;-)

Yeah, as already mentioned I prefer the new graphic style. The music theme you worked with sounds like a melody, that was (mis-)used for a German XMAS-Song (don't know if this is a international xmas-song or if you wanted it to sound like that), anyway it's really funny.

Now - great work until now, and a well solved inventory ! Continue!! :)

Oh, one thing left: your second scene was inspirated by Sam&Max, right ? ;)

McCoy:

--- Quote from: Jerrot on July 05, 2003, 10:43:01 AM ---There still are some missing translations, especially when looking in the inventory and using things there. But that's okay for an alpha version.

--- End quote ---

Wow, one of the glitches I fixed was the missed translation of looking the objects of the inventory, but, you're right, when you use one thing with another, the messages you get if that action is not correct are in spanish  :P. I'll fix that and upload it again. (Oh no... another 7mb with my f****** 56k conection...)

--- Quote from: Jerrot on July 05, 2003, 10:43:01 AM ---Anyway - what a great improvement from the first alpha! I was surprised you already implemented some nice fitting music and sound effects (even for walking). And I laughed my ass off when opening the fridge. ;-)

--- End quote ---

Well, that stupid rolling "animation" will be replaced with an special "I did it!" animation in the final game, I made that just to remember where that kind of animations must be placed.

--- Quote from: Jerrot on July 05, 2003, 10:43:01 AM ---The music theme you worked with sounds like a melody, that was (mis-)used for a German XMAS-Song (don't know if this is a international xmas-song or if you wanted it to sound like that), anyway it's really funny.
--- End quote ---

An XMAS song?? Oh my...  :-[ . I don't think it's international, at least, the first time I ever heared that song was while I was searching for MIDIs, I thought it would fit and I putted it in the game. ;D

--- Quote from: Jerrot on July 05, 2003, 10:43:01 AM ---Now - great work until now, and a well solved inventory ! Continue!! :)
--- End quote ---

Thanx! ;D

--- Quote from: Jerrot on July 05, 2003, 10:43:01 AM ---Oh, one thing left: your second scene was inspirated by Sam&Max, right ? ;)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, you catched it.  ;)

Mnemonic:
Nice work, Forbidden Games! :) It looks very clean and polished (although the second scene looks awfully familiar... ;))

A small suggestion: wouldn't it be better to display the actions menu when holding the *left*mouse button? The left button seems to be pretty much useless right now.

McCoy:

--- Quote from: Mnemonic on July 05, 2003, 12:12:42 PM ---A small suggestion: wouldn't it be better to display the actions menu when holding the *left*mouse button? The left button seems to be pretty much useless right now.

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't know if it's a windows habit, but I feel a lot more confortable using the RMB for pop-up or contextual menus. Using the LMB I feel strange, like it's... unnatural  :-[? It's strange but that's it. It's just like if in my brain the RMB is naturally attached to a pop-up or contextual menu function...  :-\

BTW, the LMB is used to select objects from the inventory, skip dialogs and navigate through the main menu, so it's not completely useles...  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version