Wintermute Engine > Can't reproduce

Uneven walk

(1/2) > >>

fireside:
I don't know if this is because of my export setup, but the last walk cycle before the character comes to a stop, he lurches slightly. It's rather annoying.  I tried changing the blend speed from walk to idle but it didn't help.

Mnemonic:
Hmm, what do you mean by lurching here? When stopping, the actor should do a transition from its current pose to the idle pose. If you set a very long delay, it should make it more apparent what happens during the transition.

fireside:
The best way I can describe it is that he suddenly jumps forward toward the stopping point while in the walk cycle, but only by a small amount.  If he's at one side of the screen, and I click on the other side of the screen, the walk is smooth up to a small amount before the stop point but before he enters the idle, then he suddenly moves toward the point a small amount, continues the walk cycle at the same speed, and then enters the idle.  The game is very small right now so I could upload it and pm you the link if you like.

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: fireside on June 20, 2008, 02:58:59 AM ---The game is very small right now so I could upload it and pm you the link if you like.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that would be very helpful. And if you could combine it with the earlier TurnTo() issue, it would be extremely helpful :) Thanks.

Mnemonic:
I'm not really sure what's causing this. I copied your actor to a fresh project with a new scene (using your 3D geometry) and I *think* the glitch is gone. Are you changing some actor properties in your game script or in the scene script?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version