Wintermute Engine > Scripts, plugins, utilities, goodies

WeatherGod 0.2 (real time snow/rain)

(1/7) > >>

Jerrot:
Hiya Wintermutees,

ok, you want snow or rain in realtime ? Here it is. It's not really what I wanted it to be, but I just had a nice conversation with Mnemonic in our IRC channel, which was kind of frustrating for me, therefore I'm not that motivated to continue this little experiment anymore. (It's not his fault though ! ;) )

While rewriting my old snow script, I always had in mind, how easy it could be if there already were video entities, so I could just use a rendered snow video with an alpha channel and display it in background and foreground. Does there ring a bell ?

... well of course: you can do this already. Just do it as animated sprite in a layer. No idea why I didn't even think of it.

creatorbri:
That's fabulous Jerrot! It looks so real!

It's just too bad my FPS drops down to an average of about 12 -- and that's without any additions to the project. Definitely need to find some ways to optimize. At the moment I'm trying to pinpoint the areas that require the most heavy duty processing, but that's one area I'm not too good at yet.

Nihil:
YES YES YES!

Can't wait to get home and try out!

Me and the boys are singing the Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy-Song now :)

odnorf:
Thanks for the code Jerrot.

--- Quote from: Jerrot on December 12, 2003, 01:25:11 AM ---Here it is. It's not really what I wanted it to be, but I just had a nice conversation with Mnemonic in our IRC channel, which was kind of frustrating for me, therefore I'm not that motivated to continue this little experiment anymore. (It's not his fault though ! ;) )

--- End quote ---

??? :-\ ??? :-\

EDIT: This is my 500th post  ;D

Mnemonic:
All hail hypnotoad..err, I mean Jerrot!

--- Quote from: Jerrot on December 12, 2003, 01:25:11 AM ---ok, you want snow or rain in realtime ? Here it is. It's not really what I wanted it to be, but I just had a nice conversation with Mnemonic in our IRC channel, which was kind of frustrating for me, therefore I'm not that motivated to continue this little experiment anymore. (It's not his fault though ! ;) )

--- End quote ---

Well, if I knew that, I wouldn't say that! You can still feel pretty much motivated, since prerendered snow in THIS quality would take up inredible amounts of memory, especially in high resolutions.
If I wanted to make snow, I'd choose scripting as well!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version