Wintermute Engine > Community bulletin board

What do you hate about WME?

<< < (3/4) > >>

joaomesq:
Because I'm a 100% Mac user I have to go with full Mac support. Games and Editor (with a bundle for Textmate).
It's a long shot but hey, you asked! :P

Nihil:
As I have just started to develop again after a long break, I haven't run into any showstoppers where I'd say the term "hate" would be justified anyhow, but some things I'd like to see:

1. Filters (blur, glow, dropshadow etc) for Sprites
2. A zoom-function for SceneEdit
3. More pre-build tools for WindowEdit (Sliders, Checkboxes etc)
4. More in-depth documentation for some topics like localisation, packaging

mylesblasonato:
1) No complete 3D
2) No editors for particles
3) Wish it had XNA support for 360
4) More sound manipulation
5) No Advanced shaders
6) No Physics
7) No advanced way to do conversations because it's too tedious and confusing to create branches and branches of switches to create a conversation
8) No iPhone support
9) No advanced GUI editor that allows you to see what the GUI looks like in a scene
10) No post rendering effects

Cheers  ::beer
Myles Blasonato.

Dionysius:
I really hate that I need Windows or Wine (winehq.org) to run WME under Linux. I want native linux version  :)

metamorphium:

--- Quote from: mylesb ---7) No advanced way to do conversations because it's too tedious and confusing to create branches and branches of switches to create a conversation
--- End quote ---

Please, please, if this ever will get changed, let the old trusty way stays. This branching is by far the best method to do complex dialogues and no stupid tool could ever possibly match that. :) On the other hand, I'm really using dialogues system in such a complex way, that I am happy with the functionality as-is.

I personally never found dialogue system to be tedious or confusing. It's good for anything ranging from simple dialogues to RPG like 'moral' choices branching. I'd be quite interested if you could elaborate on your idea of better way how to handle complex dialogues?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version