Wintermute Engine > WME Lite

Any Linux developers out there?

<< < (2/19) > >>

Mnemonic:
Thanks! I went through the warnings and fixed most of them (unused entities, missing braces, the #else you mentioned and others). I disabled the unused switch values and "conversion from string literal to 'char *' is deprecated" warning.

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: 2.0 on May 25, 2013, 03:14:00 PM ---Do I understand correctly that this is a little step in the direction of Android? :)

--- End quote ---
I don't really know, to be honest. Even though Android is based on Linux, I don't know how similar the toolchain is.

HCDaniel:
Android is more difficult. SDL exists (and compiles), BASS exists. What's missing are freetype, freeimage and boost libs, which have to be provided for that platform.

I tried to compile as much as possible of WME lite for Android (without linking), just by providing the necessary include files. The freetype and freeimage headers are ok, but the boost headers don't work. I'll check the error message in detail soon. EDIT: Looks like Android does not understand "std::runtime_error"?

Furthermore, Android native C++ code does not like (or not support at all, I'm not sure) C++ exceptions (maybe because it's too difficult to pass them to Java in case the exception is not caught in native code). So the compilation of SXString.cpp fails. I haven't checked the code whether it is possible to live without the use of exceptions in WME lite, if just for the Android platform.

Mnemonic, what's your opinion about C++ exceptions, and do you think you can get rid of the boost library anytime soon?

Mnemonic:
Even though the android NDK didn't originally support C++ exceptions, they are now supported (since NDK R5). According to this they need to be explicitly enabled (I don't know if it's still the case with current NDK).

As for boost, yes, my plan is to remove this dependency. It would simplify a lot of things. Can't give you any timeframe, though :)

Mnemonic:
For now, this looks useful: https://github.com/MysticTreeGames/Boost-for-Android

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version