Wintermute Engine > WME Lite

Android, how to set up project?

(1/8) > >>

piere:
Hello I followed the instructions here: http://res.dead-code.org/doku.php/wmelite:building

But they do not seem to tell me how to set up the Android project itself. Do I use Eclipse or Android Studio? I tried loading it into Android studio and it doesnt seem to want to take the Android source. Any help? Thanks.

HCDaniel:

--- Quote from: piere on October 23, 2015, 06:52:11 AM ---Hello I followed the instructions here: http://res.dead-code.org/doku.php/wmelite:building

But they do not seem to tell me how to set up the Android project itself. Do I use Eclipse or Android Studio? I tried loading it into Android studio and it doesnt seem to want to take the Android source. Any help? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

I don't use Android Studio to build, but you might try to generate a project if you like. There should be a wizard that helps you with that. I use the standalone tools to create a project with sth. like that

--- Code: ---android update project --path=.

--- End code ---

and to build I then use ant:

--- Code: ---ant clean debug

--- End code ---

should build a version with your debug developer key, and you can install it to an attached device (or emulator) with

--- Code: ---ant installd

--- End code ---

If you've never worked a lot on the command line, trying to generate an Android Studio project might be the better way to go. I'm not sure you would want to use Eclipse, as this is no longer supported by Google for quite a while now (I wonder whether you'll still find an Eclipse based Android IDE at all).

piere:
Thanks for the reply. I didnt see any Wizard for Android Studio, I just created a new project and dragged and dropped the WME files in the project files. Changes the Manafest file, etc, but it did not work. So I would use the command line from files already in the WME Android source, or get it form somewhere else? Sorry for the questions, as I am new to Android development.

HCDaniel:
You just need the "android" tool from the SDK, and probably you need to install "ant" separately. If you already downloaded Android Studio, the SDK is already installed (somewhere).

piere:
Hi again. I am using Ant, and the commands listed in your message. After doing debug, it mentions the build.XML file, but nothing is generating a .apk file. Am I missing something? I am really stupid when it comes to the command line and Android development, so maybe you can explain a very beginners guide? I will be happy to donate to you some money if it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version