Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: mirrored mesh in 3ds file  (Read 3550 times)

Stucki

• Frequent poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Schach-Welten
mirrored mesh in 3ds file
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »

i have encountered a problem in getting the meshes for the shadows from max to wme.

i have created a mesh mirrored it and than reduced the stack so there is no modifier except editmesh
when i import it via 3ds to wme the mesh is mirrored the wrong way ...

can i reset the mesh somehow in 3dsmax, so it comes to wme the right way ?

greets
stucki

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
Re: mirrored mesh in 3ds file
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »

reset the Xform before you export it.... util panel, reset xform. then put a mesh select on it and then collapse stack
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Stucki

• Frequent poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Schach-Welten
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »

hi jynks,

thanks for the tip, but i could not find reset xform - maybe i am to stupid .. i only found xform modifier ... but i am using german version of 3dsmax 2008 and didnt find anything that sounds to me like reset xform.
i even searched the utilities section ...

but now the good news. i found another solution. i am now using the mirror modifier on the mesh and than editing the x-scale values by hand from - to + or otherwise and now it works how it should !!!
seems that the scale values are exported the same doesnt matter if they are negative or positive ..

or might be because i used the mirror function from the menue instead of the modifier earlier ...

who cares .. now i got it working ... and it really works fine !!!!

@ Jan: your engine is a fantastic piece of software !! Seeing all elements of a scene coming together perfectly is really a pleasure !
please keep up this amazing work.

stucki

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »

it is in the utility pannel not the modifier stack.. it is the last button on the left on your command pannel.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.