Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Scene Edit Questions  (Read 2622 times)

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
  • FORGET REALITY SURRENDER TO YOUR DARKEST DREAMS
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
Scene Edit Questions
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:29:21 AM »

Hi all,
         I have a couple of questions regarding Scene Edit.

1. Why are the scene co-ordinates not shown in Scene Edit and show the specific position in the scene where your mouse is, this would be very helpful when determining postion of the main actor within the scene instead of running the scene in debug and working it out from there.

2. Why does copy and paste not work for duplicating regions, entities etc? Again would be a lot quicker and more accurate if this could be done rather than doing another object from scratch.

3. How does the sound entity work in a scene , I place a sound and can play it within a scene but when the scene plays I hear no sound??

Many thanks
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Scene Edit Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 12:09:54 PM »

1. Why are the scene co-ordinates not shown in Scene Edit and show the specific position in the scene where your mouse is, this would be very helpful when determining postion of the main actor within the scene instead of running the scene in debug and working it out from there.
The coordinates are shown in status bar.

2. Why does copy and paste not work for duplicating regions, entities etc? Again would be a lot quicker and more accurate if this could be done rather than doing another object from scratch.
Well, how often do you need to make an exact copy of a region/entity? But anyway, it's a possibility for the new tools.

3. How does the sound entity work in a scene , I place a sound and can play it within a scene but when the scene plays I hear no sound??
You'll need to start the sound 'manually' from a script:

var SomeSoundEntity = Scene.GetNode("SomeSoundEntity");
SomeSoundEntity.PlaySound();
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
  • FORGET REALITY SURRENDER TO YOUR DARKEST DREAMS
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
Re: Scene Edit Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 12:29:56 PM »

hahahahahahhaa all this time I had the status bar turned off!! Doh!! sorry silly question.

Regarding the duplication , I do replicate quite a bit especially on the floor replicated to a region that I use for the sound of the actors footsteps. Also entities when say you have 3 doors in a scene and they all are same size, so they would be the same region etc.

Ok understand the sound setting now, thought you could load a sound via this into the scene for say a background looping sound.

Many thanks

kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.