Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: I'm need a SCUMM interface for my graphic adventure  (Read 5157 times)

Maidnet

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm need a SCUMM interface for my graphic adventure
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:40:42 PM »

Hi!

I am a Spanish designer and am in process of production of a graphic adventure called "Pangea". I go developed approximately 50 minutes of game, with all his locations and animations of sprites, and at the moment, have been using the default interface that the WME incorporates.

When I imagined the game I thought of using an interface SCUMM to the pure style "Monkey Island 2" or "Indy4", but not how to do it, since technically I do not control too much the program WME.

I have all the necessary graphics to mount a system SCUMM prepared for a resolution of 640x480 pixels, but I lack the experience and the knowledges to make it to work.

I wanted to ask for technical help to be able to take to end this project. I would like that someone could help to mounting this interface, in exchange for my eternal gratitude and a place in the credit titles.

I include a few images of the game, in order that you podais to do an idea of how it is the game graphically. I hope that you like.

Thanks!!

Maidnet

The actor is this:

The images of game is this:

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re: I'm need a SCUMM interface for my graphic adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 05:33:14 PM »

Hey,

nice screenies. :) About that SCUMM thing... I started something like that, uhm, 3 years ago *hem* but most of it is still valid for the current WME versions. You find the thread here:

http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=239.msg1634#msg1634

I also "revived" that interface last christmas, so if it doesn't work, feel free to ask (or who ever will implement that). I myself won't fine the time for it though, sorry.

Good luck, I'm curious to see the final game!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 05:35:04 PM by Jerrot »
Mooh!

Maidnet

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »

Hi!

Thank you very much for the information, but I already knew your work. In WME's web page in Spanish there was a link to unload your work.

The problem is that not how to adapt your work to my own game, since I do not have WME's big knowledges.

I am a graphical artist and only I am devoting myself to the programming of the game because I have not found any collaborator who had the sufficient free time and knowledges to be able to do it. I would prefer devoting completely to the graphical part of the project, but it(he,she) cannot be like that at the moment.

Basically I can do the programming of the game as for rooms and puzzles, but I do not have the knowledges necessary to be able to adapt your interface, for what I look for someone who meets qualified to do it. Do you believe that you might do it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

Hi Maidnet,
ah ok, I understand now. Oh well... I always like to help, but this stuff is quite time intensive and I can't promise you if I will find it. But feel free to send me some more detailed information as private mail.

Greetings, Jerrot.
Mooh!

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »

Hey,

I could help you with Scumm interface. I've written a runaway style interface two weeks ago and will release the code soon, once i've added comment and beautyfied it a bit.
If you need help feel free to let me know. I could help you with coding if you can help me with graphics.

feel free to PM me.
SoundGuy

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.