Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Problems with package priorities  (Read 4153 times)

Mac

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Problems with package priorities
« on: February 21, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »

Hi,

I am working with 2 packages for the localization of our game (german, english). Since I was only working on the german version for a long time I used to set the priority of the german package to 1, the priority of the english package to 0 and everything was working right. Yesterday I swapped the priorities of both packages to have a first glance at the english version. I compiled the game, and afterwards I've set the priorities of both packages to their initial states. But now the priorities are not working anymore. WME only takes the english files, even if the priority of the german package is higher.

Another thing is that the list of plug-ins in the project settings is not visible anymore. I can select the first three lines in the window and I can see the names and details in the field at the bottom. But the descriptions in the list are gone (I think since 1.7). Has anyone else problems with that?

Thanks in advance.

Mac

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Problems with package priorities
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »

Oh yes, the first one is a known issue. The package priorities only work for compiled games, they don't work well whe running the game from ProjectMan. Should be fixable, though.

The second one was an unknown issue :) I'll look into both of these, thanks for reporting.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 09:50:58 PM »

And a workaround for the first issue is to degrade the english package to an ordinary folder and to only make it a package when you need to compile the final game.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Mac

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »

Yes, I'll use the workaround for now.
Thanks.

Mac

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.