Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: 3D actor animation questions  (Read 2742 times)

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
3D actor animation questions
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:17:45 PM »

Hi!

I´ve got a question concerning 3d actor animation. My "actor" is a forklift with a very simple "move down" animation to try things out. The animation doesn´t do anything fantastic, it should only move the forks down.

It fits perfectly into the 2D scene,  but after the animation has played my forks jump back to the top position. Is there any way of stopping the animation  on the last frame so that the forks are down?

Thanks,
Oli
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 03:46:51 PM by FogGobbler »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: 3D actor animation questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 03:47:02 PM »

Everything works fine in the DirectXViewer, no jumps or hickups. When I switch the LOOP on the problem occors the first time and the animation runs smoothly. What could be the error?
I suppose this happens when the "actor" does the smooth transition from idle animation to the fork animation. You may want to set the transition from "idle" to "whatever" animation to zero milliseconds using actor.SetAnimTransitionTime().

After the animation has played my forks jump back to the top position. Is there any way of stopping the animation  on the last frame so that the forks are down?
Make a looping animation with a single keyframe (fork down) and play it after the move down animation. it will loop forever keeping the fork down.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: 3D actor animation questions
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »

I suppose this happens when the "actor" does the smooth transition from idle animation to the fork animation. You may want to set the transition from "idle" to "whatever" animation to zero milliseconds using actor.SetAnimTransitionTime().

No, I made a mistake with the pivot in my 3D program.  ::)

Make a looping animation with a single keyframe (fork down) and play it after the move down animation. it will loop forever keeping the fork down.

Works fine. Thanks!  ::thumbup

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.