Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Saving screen doesn't work  (Read 2648 times)

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
Saving screen doesn't work
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »

Hi all,

Setting up my loading/saving screens to use with the 'Saved Games' section. Created two .jpgs, almost identical except that one has text 'Loading', the other 'Saving'. Output them from Photoshop in the same session. Imported them into the game. Referred to them in the 'Save/Load screen settings.

Project manager can see and display them both.

Load a game - the loading screen appears.
Saving a game - get the bar at the bottom of the screen, but otherwise, game stays in the scene - saving screen does not appear.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Saving screen doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »

Is the image position set properly? Isn't the image displayed offscreen somewhere? No errors in the log?
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »

Mnem

We did find something in the log, but it didn't look at all related. As items.items tried to load, a few .pngs were misspelt.  :-[  Corrected the spellings - after that, the saving screen worked.

This actually cleared up a couple of other bugs as well with other cursors that wouldn't highlight. ::thumbup

Thanks for pointing us at the log. Lesson for me is that everything has to be clean, even if any error seems unrelated to the problem at hand.

Cheers
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »

Are you using the debug console, by the way? It can be quite helpful, because you can see immediately when the error pops up.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.