Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Actor.SkipTo weird behaviour.  (Read 2639 times)

Akatosh

• Lurker
  • Discomfort generates evolution.
    • View Profile
Actor.SkipTo weird behaviour.
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:22 PM »

Hello,

Okay this is the situation.

In one scene, as displayed on the image below, i want the actor to skip to a certain position on the screen when the room is loaded. However, it ignores the command and simply places it on the center of the screen.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rr2stj.png

As you can see here, the instructions are clear. When the actor is loaded on the room, he should appear at 1000,580. But that is not the case. He always appears in 1270, 460. I suspect it's a scrolling problem. If I was to change that simple coordinate and put it like less than 1000 on the xx's, it works.

On a side note, is it possible to change the scrolling position to start on the right side of the screen rather than the left side?

I am driving myself to insanity. I simply can't understand why. Would love if someone could enlighten me.

In addition, I have this screen showing the scene on Scene Editor with the respective geometry.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zpk1h5.png

Thank you.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Actor.SkipTo weird behaviour.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:07:31 AM »

if it's 3d actor, it means you're placing him out of the defined floor region. Try using the place actor - copy coordinates method in scene editor to see that you're really placing him to correct spot. the coordinates are sometimes NOT x and y from screen. :)
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Akatosh

• Lurker
  • Discomfort generates evolution.
    • View Profile
Re: Actor.SkipTo weird behaviour.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »

It works!

Okay now I feel dumb. I've tried solving it for 4~5h. Can't believe it was just that simple. Thank you so much :)

Now, since we are on the topic, is it possible to make the default scrolling direction start from Right to Left?

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.