Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Enigma Machine  (Read 6858 times)

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Enigma Machine
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »

I have benefitted from the generousity of other folks on this board for a couple of years now, so I am attempting to give a little bit back. I really like the idea of creating artefacts which can be used in games, and one of my ambitions in my currect game was to create an enigma machine. So some caveats, the programming is probably not very good, and most folks here could have made a better/'more efficient job than I did, similarly I struggle as a graphic artist.

In terms of the application, I have not attempted to code the working of the enigma in Wintermute script, that would certainly be possible, as there are a number of software enigma's availalbe on the web, maybe some will even be open source, my choice was to create something which gave the appearance of a working enigma. In order to make things simple I have ignored the front patch panel and confined the variable to the rotors.

To get it working the rotors need to be set  at IBM.  The correct code for the message is x j l p, which should display the sequence TEST. You can change the code in the script file enigma meths.  The translation is contained in the script file keyboard_select.

Naturally there are no warranties with this, expressed, supplied or to be inferred, so use it at your own risk, and if your house burns down, or your offspring have two heads, then I am not responsible.

I have only supplied this as source code.

I place no formal restrictions on re-use of this IP, however my hope is that it will serve as inspiration, rather than raw material. It will appear in Column 22

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cba9f45/n/enigma.zip

www.eborr.com

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:08:48 AM by eborr »

tinchopunk

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • martinarregui.tumblr.com
Re: Enigma Machine
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »

great work!!

molier

• molier-artstudo.ucoz.ru
  • Occasional poster
  • мы любим
    • View Profile
    • http://molier-artstudo.ucoz.ru
Re: Enigma Machine
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »

Excellent work, the good fellow. ::rock

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 19 queries.