General Category > General Discussion

3D Characters - Making and Importing

(1/2) > >>

Azel:
I became interested in the Wintermute engine after reading that a game I had played was made with WME (The Lost Crown). After going over all the games made in Wintermute I discovered that a game I own called, The Art of Murder, was also made with Wintermute.

I did a search on 3D characters on the WME forum and became quite confused by all the different answers on

Yakuzza:
Hi!
I've never head of Modo tool but as lons as it support exporting to the .X it should work i guess.
Basically exporting is a breeze. It works the same way as in most the engines out there.
Good luck!

mylesblasonato:
Hello :)
Yes, Modo can export .x format; importing from there is easy.
The sliding effect; speed of the animation did not match the speed of translation/movement inside WME.
Hope this helped!

Cheers  ::beer
Myles Blasonato

Azel:
Thank you Yakuzza and Mylesblasonato for the answers.

I took a look at the Wintermute Engine Resource Center. Are these all the instructions I will need to make a game with Wintermute or are there other sources not listed that I should look at? I did find some instructions on Youtube, but they were in Spanish, which I don’t understand?

Wintermute and Unity are the only two game engines I have considered for a small one man game project. (Point and click adventure game.) I am assuming that the Wintermute engine would take a lot less time to create such a game than the Unity engine. So many of these game projects people work on never get finished, so I am trying to help my odds by using a game engine that is easier to work with than Unity.

odnorf:
Unity is a perfect engine but it's not exactly designed for 2.5D point & click adventures. Wintermute is a much better choice for a one man adventure project.

As for the resources, documentation in the installer and wiki are the only ones I know of but they offer a very good understanding of the engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version