Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Subtitles  (Read 4465 times)

Daniel

• Regular poster
  • I'm *not* a llama!
    • View Profile
Subtitles
« on: April 17, 2004, 01:23:06 PM »

Hi,

I'm using SubtitlesPosRelative = false to position the speech subtitles at the bottom of the screen. It's mostly ok but when the text reaches a certain length, it wraps to the next line. Basically, it's the right thing to do, but I want to be able to control the maximum text length before it wraps to the next line. Since I'm using the properties SubtitlesPosX and SubtitlesPosY to place the text at the bottom of the screen, I thought I would find also properties like SubtitlesWidth and SubtitlesHeight or something similar, but there are no such properties. Is there another way of doing this that I missed?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Subtitles
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 06:11:01 PM »

I added SubtitlesWidth. Height attribute is needless, IMHO.

You could achieve the same effect by overriding the Talk method and displaying the text in a transparent window, but this will be much easier to do.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Daniel

• Regular poster
  • I'm *not* a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Subtitles
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 06:59:56 PM »

About the Height attribute, will it be calculated automatically at runtime according to the number of lines of text?

About overriding the Talk method, you're right, I didn't think about it. But one thing is for sure, with the SubtitlesWidth attribute it will be a lot more easier :)

Thanks.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.