Game development > Game design

unique adventures, new ways

<< < (4/4)

Alek:
Drafts were patterns of sounds used by Weavers (and the player) to affect reality.

CockAndBalls:
Sorry I haven't read the replies just throwing in my 2 cents,

When designing which system you want to use, I recommend totally forgetting everything you know about adventure-game and just think it purely from scratch, when I've done so I've found that the convention is very flawed and there are better ways,
since adventure-games are simple from a game-design perspective it doesn't really take that long to "re-invent the wheel", no need to analys much about how other games has done it.

selmiak:
I don't know if you know, there is an unofficial Loom sequel in the making. I designed the website for it, it's called Forge. At the moment the team needs a new spriter, maybe someone will even read this and can help. All the others, enjoy the demo, it's really great, uses the same graphical style as Loom did and the gauntlet system is a unique way of interacting with the environment like Loom did with the distaff.

Mot:
Recently I watched a teaser for an adventure game adaptation of Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth. After seeing the video, it got me wondering about the subgenre, since it looks as a graphical adventure, however, it feels somehow different. Fast forward the video to 1:35, and you'll see what I saw.

Would you say it's something new? Has anyone seen anything like it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version