Game development > Help wanted and offered

Need graphics artist.

(1/2) > >>

keibakaruu:
Hi there. For now I need graphic artists for my game. I need background artists, character artists and Inventory artists and possibly someone to do sounds and a GUI artist.

I am doing a re-make of a game I love so much. Zak McKracken and the Alien mindbenders. I have the plans all out and I know how I am going to make this game. If anyone is interested, please email me at KeibakARuu@bhlegend.com

I am looking for a cartoonish style graphics.

KA

Scarpia:
Hey - you *are* a llama!

Scarpia  :P

Joke aside, I was wondering - wasn't Zak McKracken made by some german indie game developers? Are you seriously doing a remake of an amateur game? It sounds like you should try to hook up with the original authors, rather than make the same game all over.

Just a thought

Scarpia

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: Scarpia on March 05, 2003, 02:31:41 AM ---Hey - you *are* a llama!

--- End quote ---
Damn, that llama thing came back when I upgraded to the new YABB version.

--- Quote from: Scarpia on March 05, 2003, 02:31:41 AM --- I was wondering - wasn't Zak McKracken made by some german indie game developers? Are you seriously doing a remake of an amateur game?
--- End quote ---
As far as I know the original Zak game has been created by LucasArts. I believe that german project is not a remake, but a sequel (or prequel or something, don't know for sure).

Jerrot:

--- Quote from: Mnemonic on March 05, 2003, 08:34:38 AM ---As far as I know the original Zak game has been created by LucasArts. I believe that german project is not a remake, but a sequel (or prequel or something, don't know for sure).

--- End quote ---

actually there are/were about 3 or 4 fan sequels of Zak, most of them stuck in progress. the original was done by LucasArts (no - Lucasfilm Games! ;) !) and the only working completed sequel... well...  the author copied the original backgrounds etc. using the same engine, added 2 or 3 places and changed the story, so it's some kind of "remake", too...

keibakaruu:
I would use the other graphics from other projects, but they dont have all the graphics I need and if I use a new graphics artist to fill in, the graphics may not be consistent.

Besides, I was thinking of a look more like Day of the Tentacle.

Also, what sequel are you talking about? I played the sequel that was in German, but it was a sequel, not a remake. And they used the SCUMM Engine?

I didn't quite get that. But I am seriously wanting to do this remake and badly, maybe even adding some dialog and some more puzzles and gags. Seriosly, if anyone wants to help please let me know.

KA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version