Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: antialiasing  (Read 5151 times)

Nico

• Lurker
    • View Profile
antialiasing
« on: January 25, 2005, 03:15:31 PM »

Hi there WME people!

Since i am new here, first thanx to all the people who developed WME. It is very very usefull!

I am trying to understand how the antialiasing works in WME, but didnt get it quite yet. So, maybe some people who do understand it already, can help me out? Until now i only used some pictures with sharp edges, but is it possible to have a nice blurry edge too? like in a big blurry edge for foreground pictures? And if possible: how?

I just tried to create a big blurry edge into the pink color, but WME indeed only sees (255,0,255) pink as transparant. And unfortunately not the blur-into-pink...  ??? Some hints anyone?

Greetz,

Nico

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: antialiasing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 04:00:29 PM »

You have basically two options:

1) Let the engine resize the object. It will become blurred and the edges will be antialiased automatically.
2) Use an alpha-channel to control transparency of your image instead of the pink color.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Nico

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 10:32:32 PM »

Ok, thanx,

Solution 1 is only usable for scaling the actor and things like that, right? Or is there another way for doing this for example foreground pictures as well?

I am not familiar with alpha channels and stuff like that, but this seems to be the most effective way... I will go and learn about using this great alpha channel... Do you have more hints or maybe an example picture (.psd?)..?

I am curious if I have to change anything in the engine so that it will regconize this alphachannel...?

Greetz,

Nico

Nico

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 10:55:46 PM »

Okay,

I took my one-layer picture (item on a transparant background) saved it as a PNG with transperancy and it works!!!

Yippie!

::rock

Nico

Erwin_Br

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 01:30:55 AM »

You have basically two options:

1) Let the engine resize the object. It will become blurred and the edges will be antialiased automatically.
2) Use an alpha-channel to control transparency of your image instead of the pink color.

Sorry for digging up this old one, but I have simple, non-antialiased sprites as well. I can see that the engine is doing something, but the aa is very minimal when my character scales. Is this in any way adjustable?

(I probably have to redraw hundreds of frames, don't I?)  :-[

sychron

• Wanderer zwischen den Welten
  • Global Moderator
  • Regular poster
  • There is no spoon. The enemy gate is down!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 03:10:33 AM »

I don't know wether you can adjust it in the engine, but I do know you will not have to redraw all the frames -- you can always use a batch image processor like xnview to blow up the images yourself and apply an antialiasing after the scale.
... delete the inner sleep ...

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 19 queries.