Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Space Quest III Remake seeks for a skilled programmer  (Read 8556 times)

Khaveen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Space Quest III Remake seeks for a skilled programmer
« on: February 08, 2005, 02:32:03 PM »

Greetings!

I’m Khaveen, Hybrid Studios’ group leader. Our current project is remaking Space Quest III. Our main ambitions are:

•   Have it with fantastic SVGA graphics (instead of the ancient EGA)

•   Replacing the dated parser interface with a new Point’n’Click interface (as can be found in games such as: Quest for Glory V, Bud Tucker, Legend of Kyrandia, etc)

•   Support it with enhanced MIDI tracks, encoded in high-quality OGG vorbis format, instead of the dated, awkward MIDI format, which lacks support for General MIDI

•   Prime goal – create 3D animated models! This means, characters and objects.

We’ve decided to program the game using Wintermute, therefore, for a well-crafted-remake, we require a skillful programmer (particularly for the arcade scenes).

Those who apply, please contact me at:  kiman_gustiratmail.ru

Our new site: www.planetwilco.com

Thanks!

(Some screens and sketches below)

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
Re: Space Quest III Remake seeks for a skilled programmer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »

I could be interested... (my favourite graphic adventure series all time is Space Quest), but I can't guarantee steady working time, as university eats up most of my time, and I have other duties as well...

So I think that I would qualify for sporadic programmer, but not main programmer really... so if you find another one with more time, you can always "order" me other programming-related tasks for speeding up the proccess, like, dunno, minigames or other "self-contained" things which I could work in, paralel to the "main development".

But if you don't find any other one, well, I'd try to do my best as the only programmer... but I'm afraid that the development would be slowed down because of me :(.

If you want to check some of my past work, I made the demo of Fred (my now dead past project :(), and the Sunny Demo.

Oh, and I want to state that right now, I know NOTHING about the 3D actors features of WME (I stopped programming in WME long before that feature came), so maybe you should give me some "readaptation" time :).

If you're interested after all, just send me an e-mail to McCoy at forbidden-games dot com , or add me to your Jabber (mccoy at unstable dot nl) or (yuck!) MSN, mccoy51 at hotmail dot com.

In any case, good luck with your project!!! I'd love to see a good remake of an Space Quest game!!

Click here to sign my sig!

Khaveen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 03:24:13 PM »

Hello McCoy, I saw your Sunny demo, it was amazing! It's the very program which showed me what a wonderful thing Wintermute is, by the way.
I'll think about your application. We will see if we need to gather a big scripting team, and hire you if neccessary. Thanks for interest in our fan_gaym! :)

Sledgy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »

Sigh... it was brilliance work. This project was 5 years ago! My gosh.

Very nice art, and no any demos. Khaveen told me via email that he has nothing from this project... and nothing from SQ3 2D-rmk project...

Site is down. If somebody of current guys was in developers team of this game, please post here. Maybe you have some stuff from this project (just for SQ fans).

Thanks.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.