Game development > Game design

22 seconds...

(1/3) > >>

Jerrot:
hi,

maybe somebody would like to download this little 22 seconds MP3 (345kB) ?

i don't want to tell you too much more about it, i'd just be interested in ANY kind of comments (quality, possible purpose, what do you "see", ...) for this time.  :)

thanks!

uh - the link:
http://wme.jerrot.de/chapter3.zip

Mnemonic:
Yay! Great job, Jerrot!

Brassfire:
Oooh, it's cool!

What did you use?

The first part seems like those dramatic films where there's a helicopter trying to get people out of a tall building or something... drama, triumph.

The second part is more like a conversation with an npc or something... but just an introduction. Someone or something specific comes into the scene. Maybe the whole thing is a royal or vip intro?

Scarpia:
Very nice one, Jerrot.. I agree with Brassfire's comment.

I only wish the second part would go on and on, it would make a great background theme for an arabian / middle-eastern beduine village..

Scarpia

Jerrot:
Hi and thanks to all of you!

--- Quote from: Brassfire on March 25, 2003, 08:33:34 PM ---What did you use?

--- End quote ---

It's my first try using Cubase connected with my keyboard (midi) and some VSTi - but the samples just sound quite good. I could imagine to keep this "classic orchestra" style for my game.

--- Quote from: Brassfire on March 25, 2003, 08:33:34 PM ---The first part seems like those dramatic films where there's a helicopter trying to get people out of a tall building or something... drama, triumph.
The second part is more like a conversation with an npc or something... but just an introduction. Someone or something specific comes into the scene. Maybe the whole thing is a royal or vip intro?

--- End quote ---

I'm VERY happy about that impression. I'm sure, music is one of the most important and underestimated parts in a game. And it works, you're quite close to my inspiration without having seen anything.

I imagined a chapter intro, the first part showing a huge castle, where the bad guys just capture the hero's love. Drama, right!
And then - the second part - the "cam" shows our hero, hiding behind a huge rock or tree, telling the player something like "Hm, I MUST rescue her, but how can I pass the crocodiles ?"... ;)

--- Quote from: Scarpia on March 26, 2003, 04:32:27 PM ---I only wish the second part would go on and on, it would make a great background theme for an arabian / middle-eastern beduine village..

--- End quote ---

Oh - yeah, you're right, it's that nice clarinet somehow...
Hmm, as our story will play all around the earth, I'm sure I can use this impression somehow. Ohhh, it will take years...  :-\

Thank you again, it's very helpful to read what others "see" in music without knowing anything about it. :)

Jerrot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version