Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: RE: Space Quest Renovation Project...  (Read 8186 times)

Wolverine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • The Space Quest Remakes Project
RE: Space Quest Renovation Project...
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:32:12 PM »

OK. Due to popular demand, the Space Quest Renovation Project has become the Space Quest Remake Project. I need staff though, very badly. I'm no artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I am a decent programmer. I may not have much to show for my work, but please believe me when I say that I can program in almost any popular language out there.

Is there any chance that there is someone out there who is familiar with the first Space Quest game and would be interest in drawing up backgrounds for us?

How about Characters?

Also need sprites and music composed for the game. Please tell me that there is someone out there who would be willing to help with this project? I was thinking of starting out with a Unknown Hero look to the game and then after we hopefully get down with all six of the original games then moving on to a multiplayer space quest? Is this feasible? Is there anyone out there who would be interested in helping our cause?

Wolverine (Project Manager-Space Quest Remake Project)

PS: Khaveen? How's it going with your SQIII remake?

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
Re: RE: Space Quest Renovation Project...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »

Most people here are busy with there own projects I guess ... but if both you and Khaveen are working on SQ-remakes, and you are a programmer and he needs one ... wouldn't it be a good idea just to team up? Perhaps a better idea than having both projects on hold due to missing team members ;-)

Wolverine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 04:02:05 PM »

Nihil, it's bad enoug that my Bishop is always right. Now you, a total stranger? ;) Joke.

You are actually making perfect sense. But I wanted to get something done on my own game because I wanted to get use to the scripting language for WME. But, perhaps this is just as good.

Khaveen, what do you think? Need a programmer?

Wolverine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:43:40 PM »

Ok. After having read further into the SQIII project, I found out that Khaveen has already filled the programmer's position. SO, I guess, for now, I will try to whip up a demo on my own so that people can see what I am capable of. This wil definitely be a long haul with a PII/300 laptop. ;) But oh well. I think it might be worth it.

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 08:37:06 PM »

Hey, wait, don't go away so soon!!

Just read my answer to the thread were Khaveen:

http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=849.0

As you can see, I don't have much time in my hands for SQ3 (though I'll do what I can). So I'm sure an extra hand would be great! I think we would be able to team-up quite nicely: as you're new to WME (I think), you could focus on "basic" things, like scripting dialogues, object behaviours in the game, simple puzzles, and so on, and meanwhile I can do more complicated things, like minigames (if there's any), interface development, other special or "less typical" things and all that.

Of course, it's Khaveen who decides, not me, but I'll tell him to take a look at here and reply to you.

Click here to sign my sig!

Wolverine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 07:08:42 AM »

OK. I have two quick questions about planetwilco... Actually, only one. How does one get to the forums if they do not have any version of flash and are unable to download it?

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 09:42:45 AM »

I just tried it, it seems the "forum" button has no function - maybe there is just no forum installed yet?

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 01:35:20 AM »

No, it seems that the flash menu is broken, and only the two first buttons work. They're trying to fix it. Meanwhile, the url to the forums is:

http://www.brenthurst.co.uk/hybridforum

Click here to sign my sig!

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.