Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Important: WME forum - the only support channel  (Read 23912 times)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Important: WME forum - the only support channel
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »

Dear WME users,

I'm recently getting flooded by many questions, suggestions, bug reports, feature requests etc. coming from various sources (mail, IRC, private messages...). Since it's all getting way over my head, I have to make the following announcement:

From now on this forum is the only official technical support channel for WME.

Besides saving me from needing to concentrate on many things at once, using the forum has other obvious advantages. All requests/reports/questions/etc. are archived at one place. They can serve as future reference not just for me, but also for WME users. Feature requests can be voted for by other users, so that I can see which ones are most popular.

I'd like to say it will allow WME users to help each other, but sadly the WME community seems to be mostly defunct when it comes to actually working as a community :(

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh. I'm sure you'll understand my reasons. After all, you don't want me to burn out, do you? ;)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Amo

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise The Game
Re: Important: WME forum - the only support channel
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:04:02 PM »

Shame on me... Sorry  :-[

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »

There's no need for anyone to take this personally, there are just too many people using these "secondary channels", and that's the problem. It's easy to lose track that way.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:45:52 PM by Mnemonic »
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Amo

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise The Game
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:25:59 PM »

You are right. Does that mean, that I do not get an answer on my last question?  ;D

design3d

• Sci-Fi fan
  • Supporter
  • Regular poster
  • I, Driller :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »

I'd like to say it will allow WME users to help each other, but sadly the WME community seems to be mostly defunct when it comes to actually working as a community :(
Perhaps it happens because you too fast with your answers: nobody else can keep up with such speed of communication  ;D
I hope this doesn't sound too harsh. I'm sure you'll understand my reasons. After all, you don't want me to burn out, do you? ;)
Acctually I was puzzled how much time you spend on community work. It's clear now TOO MUCH for one person.
Hope WME forum will work further as ment to. ::rock

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Thanks for your support :)
I believe in the end it will be beneficial for everyone.

Serious.Ray

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48:45 PM »

One issue why you get so many questions might be the documentation of the engine. The documentations would have to be updated so that you don't spend hours in the forum browsing though threads that may or  may not contain a solution. They WME Book is a nice idea unfortunately there are a lot of red pages that would really help me out XD. Especially the 3D section is barely documentated which results in much try and a failing and asking. Another issue is that info is splitted over 3 sections: WME Resource Center, WME Book and Forum. The Forum being the place with most info, unfortunately rather unstructured info and many dead ends. Don't get me wrong! I know it's a whole lot you're doing, and I'm aware WME is free but maybe you could reduce your workload by completing the WME Book documentation. Or maybe some mods and supporters could help, since you all know the engine better than those who come here to look for info. I'll try to complete it aswell after my various problems have been solved.

This goes to all of you people! Please help to complete the documentation!!  ::rock

ovodice

• Lurker
  • Mi sueño es crear una aventura gráfica!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 04:16:49 PM »

Hello everyone, i' agree with the idea of completing the WME Book ::thumbup, but thats require a lot of work and time, something who anyone have today ; and other hand, maybe its more helpful the answer to a specific question... who knows... THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR  TIME  ON THIS...

Saludos a todos desde Chile!!! ::rock ;D
Mi sueño es crear una aventura gráfica con la técnica de stopmotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.