Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: FadeOut while animation & Special talk for entities  (Read 3007 times)

The Man

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
FadeOut while animation & Special talk for entities
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:05:11 AM »

Hi,everybody...
Well,i've got this scene...it's a non-interactive scene,and in the end of it an entity must play an animation.I would like the game to FadeOut WHILE the entity is playing this animation,not after...can I make it somehow?
Another question..Can entities have special talk stances too?I didn't find anything on wme docs...a special talk function for entities would be great...

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: FadeOut while animation & Special talk for entities
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »

Well,i've got this scene...it's a non-interactive scene,and in the end of it an entity must play an animation.I would like the game to FadeOut WHILE the entity is playing this animation,not after...can I make it somehow?
You can do something like this:
Code: WME Script
  1. SomeEntity.PlayAnimAsync("path\something.sprite");
  2. Game.ChangeScene("path\something.scene");

Another question..Can entities have special talk stances too?I didn't find anything on wme docs...a special talk function for entities would be great...
In the entity defintion file specify multiple TALK lines. The names of these animations (as specified in SpriteEdit) then work as stance names. The rest works the same as for actors.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

The Man

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:54:10 PM »

Thanks for both things...only that...I've got a strange problem with the talk stances...I wrote this:

Code: [Select]
Quarto_ingresso.Talk("Guarda guarda chi si vede...ragazzi,sbaglio o quello e' proprio quel topastro di Etan?");
actor.GoTo(263, 486);
  actor.Talk("Il mio nome e' Ewan",null,null,"arrabbiato");
  actor.Talk("Sacco di gelatina!",null,null,"arrabbiato");
 Quarto_ingresso.Talk("Non uso gelatina,i miei capelli sono perfetti al naturale!",null,null,"talk2");

So my entity should use talk2 for the second line it says...but instead it use talk2 for the first line ("guarda,guarda chi si vede..") and normal talk stance for line 2("non uso gelatina...")!I don't understand the reason for this thing..

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »

It works similarly to actors. You can add normal talk stances "TALK = " and special stances "TALK_SPECIAL = ". The normal stances are chosen randomly, the special ones need to be explicitly requested.
Also, make sure the animation name is set properly in SpriteEdit (on the Properties tab).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

The Man

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:37:55 PM »

Thank You,Mnemonic...sometime solution is so simple...but I don't have so much time to dedicate to this,since I spend almost all day at university...it works great now.Thank you again.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.