Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: bluescreen from ProjectManager  (Read 6585 times)

jbw

• Lurker
    • View Profile
bluescreen from ProjectManager
« on: November 02, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »

Fast changing selection of scene leads to Windows bluescreen or freezing computer to the death.
This happens if we switch from one scene to another without waiting for preview.

The scenario is: we are on the scene level in the tree (see column of folders with green picture), scenes are not expanded and selection is initially on the root, on "data" . We click on one scene, but oops, we missed, so we rapidly change selection to adjacent scene while the first one is in the middle of "loading preview..." state. Then computer no longer responds to the clicks or keystrokes or restarts itself or displays Windows bluescreen.

Of course it happens from time to time not so frequent if we are carefull and not fast-clicking person. But when I want to show somebody this effect, I can do this in less then half of minute of fast and random clicking on scene folders.

I think that it the level of complexity of scene icreases this effect, so please don't tell that WME Demo isn't affected by this (perhaps you're right) - I'm talking about true *heavy* scenes.

Amo

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise The Game
Re: bluescreen from ProjectManager
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »

We had the same issue, but the machine rebooted without warning. Deactivating the preview in project man was the only way around, because it was not reconstructable for mnemonic.

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »

I also had the same problem and the only way to stop the computer to crash was to turn of the preview. It didn´t happen all the time and I couldn´t find out what caused the crash.

Due to my experience I can say that it didn´t matter how big or complexe the scene was, it happened with small ones, too.

Stucki

• Frequent poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Schach-Welten
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 12:23:05 AM »

the same for me

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »

Well, I think I fixed the issue in WME 1.8.1. At least I'm no longer able to trigger the driver crash. As a side effect the "Loading preview..." message is now gone, but I guess it's better than getting a blue screen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:51:35 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.