Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Limbo of the Lost UK release  (Read 84568 times)

jlinam

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Limbo of the Lost UK release
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2008, 07:17:49 PM »

Man, what a spectacular train wreck!

I only hope this doesn't affect the publisher, who is probably innocent of any wrongdoing but may well become the "deep pockets" in the numerous lawsuits that are no doubt coming. It's unlikely that Majestic has a lot of cash for a big settlement to the copyright hodlers.

On another note, I don't know how copyright works in the UK, but if it's anything like the US, the boys behind "Limbo" may end up behind bars. Deliberate, knowing, repeat copyright violation is a criminal offense and people have been sentenced to prison for less egregious acts.

Amo

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise The Game
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

We were totally shocked by this but thought for a long time it could be just a big fake. Somehow it turned into something thats known as the truth. At least the empty shelves speak this language. I also really hope that this does not negatively affect the publicity of WME but I do not expect so. What could start to be more of a problem is, that this could harm the Indie scene as well and the publisher.
At least the publishers can't be harmed in a financial way, (normally contracts contain a part were the developer grants that his product is free of rights of third and fully responsible for doing not so) but it could be bad publicity.
We are just lucky like hell that we did it through the major international contracts before this curiosity started.

Cheers

Martin (after a long time of abstinence)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:04:32 PM by Amo »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 03:23:31 PM »

(I had to lock this thread because some idiots don't have anything better to do than post crap)

EDIT: I don't mean the above posters, but the posts I removed ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:33:11 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.