General Category > General Discussion

Guess the demographic ...

(1/1)

haroldw:
 hello all, newbie here.   couple of questions.
  1)  pick any ( or a couple of) Wintermute games and try to guess which demographic you think
      it was most successful in and why ??
      I pick the Art of Murder (City Interactive) - even though it has a female lead I think because it has an action feel
                                 to it,  Males over 25 might be their demographic.

Lost Crown (by Darkling Room) -  definitely a cult following AND I would guess female under 30
                                  (having a Ouija board in a game is a sure winner for a cult following  !! )

2) Do you think it's possible to hold the audience attention in an adventure game,  that does not involve a dead person.

I don't believe it's possible.   Even when I play adventure games, if it doesn't  involve someone dying I will probably lose   
     interest.       I use to try and convince myself that a happy go lucky game full of cotton candy and buttery popcorn
     would hold my interest - it won't.

Mot:
I pick 'Bickadoodle' and my guess regarding its audience is those who like stories such as the legend of King Arthur.

--- Quote ---Do you think it's possible to hold the audience attention in an adventure game,  that does not involve a dead person?
--- End quote ---

I guess it depends on the audience.

In any case, there are other motivations other than what you mentioned. For instance, uncovering a mystery, the supernatural, the unknown (especially something not expected), being amused, being involved romantically with someone, ...

piere:
If you use Resource Hacker, you can change the values in the EXE to reflect your game name in the title bar. I've done it on a few games I made and it works perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version