Wintermute Engine > Feature requests, suggestions

Make port for Wiiware, Iphone and other platforms based in WME

(1/2) > >>

gato salvaje:
Hello,

We are a new small spanish studio and our idea is create 'point and click' games based on WME. Our first goal was just PC, but now, we want to use WME to other platforms like iphone and wiiware. In the future we'll have access to the iphone/wii developer tool kits and our idea is modify the WME original code to adaptate to those platforms. Is it possible?? We will have no problem to share other modified code.

P.D: We created a new topic because we read that:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 90 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

odnorf:
Possible yes, easy no. You'll have to rewrite parts from scratch (like the rendering engine). Keep in mind you have to comply with LGPL.

Spellbreaker:
Let me tell you, that developing for WiiWare is really a pain-in-the-ass . Not only that the DevKits are extremly expensive, also Nintendo is controlling very much, and they also have a 40 MB Size Limit of WiiWare games.

Greets,

Spellbreaker

gato salvaje:

--- Quote from: odnorf on May 12, 2010, 01:20:22 PM ---Possible yes, easy no. You'll have to rewrite parts from scratch (like the rendering engine). Keep in mind you have to comply with LGPL.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for reply us. The difficulty is not a big problem for us. Our programming team, I'm one of them, is comming from one of the hardest school from Spain. I think that the main problem, like you say, are the licences. We'll see what we cand do. I think the best option is to buy a engine like Unity.

gato salvaje:

--- Quote from: Spellbreaker on May 12, 2010, 01:36:16 PM ---Let me tell you, that developing for WiiWare is really a pain-in-the-ass . Not only that the DevKits are extremly expensive, also Nintendo is controlling very much, and they also have a 40 MB Size Limit of WiiWare games.

Greets,

Spellbreaker

--- End quote ---

Hello, We are thinking about that too and probably we will distribute our games for wii on physical format.

Greets

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version