Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: What are 'Rotation Levels'?  (Read 3928 times)

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
What are 'Rotation Levels'?
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »

Hello and Happy New Year to all.

I've picked up on this phrase 'Rotation Levels' - occasionally mentioned, apparently never explained. I can handle the two words separately, but together ...  ???

Can anybody please point me to the definitive on 'rotation levels', what they are, what purpose they serve, how to decide whether you need them and where and how to implement them?

Thanks

\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: What are 'Rotation Levels'?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »

Similarly to scale levels, which scale the actors as they move around the scene, rotation levels rotate the actors (if their Rotatable property is set to true). It's only useful for very specific scene setups.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »

Thanks Mnemonic for the 'what'. Can you point me to 'why' and 'how' documentation anywhere?
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »

'how' is easy, exactly the same as scale levels, only vertical :)
'why'... it was intended for cartoony scenes with twisted perspective. Take this, for example. Wouldn't it be nice if the character was slightly rotated while approaching the right edge of the screen, to match the lines of the fridge? That's what rotation levels are.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »

Understood - thankyou

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.