Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Looking for grafix designer  (Read 6525 times)

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Looking for grafix designer
« on: May 27, 2003, 08:48:47 PM »

Hey,

I'm planning to make sequels off the most popular adventure games Sierra ever made, because they don't planned to do it, i will do it.

My first game will be a Police Quest, for this game a'm looking for a grafix/art designer to make the background, object ect.

after this project i planning to make Larry suit Larry and Space Quest, all game will of course have an other name.

I prevere some  from the Netherlands, if you like the idee and you can help me please send a e-mail, if possible with a drawing you already made, to me mbok@planet.nl

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
Re:Looking for grafix designer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:26:56 AM »

"Do you still wish to fight me?"

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 10:44:38 AM »

http://www.tes-com.nl/parcifal2/web_policequest , i've made this page in Dutch, this beacuse my English is not 100%, the english version will come very soon) But at the moment i don't know exactly how the game will go, i will start at this tomorrow.

What i know for surtenly at the moment is that i will use digital foto's/image for the game.

So i will listen to you a slow down until i've written a script en scenelayout.

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 11:59:09 AM »

I visited your page but my dutch is very poor (don't know any), so it didn't "open" to me. Maybe I'll just wait for the english version.  :P
"Do you still wish to fight me?"

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 12:23:57 PM »

I tried to visit the page but it is HUGE for my old modem. :( I waited for 10 minutes and the browser was still downloading. Please, when you put online the english version, make a simple html page, or people like me with modems won't be able to see it.

Also keep in mind that to create a game using trademarks is illegal (even if those names are from old games) and maybe someday a company (Sierra in this case) ask/order you to shut-down the project. An easy solution to that is to change the names completely and just keep the feeling of the original games, like hero6 team is doing. Anyway, I wish you good luck, and I am looking forward for the english translation. :)
fl*p

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 12:42:52 PM »

hi,

Thanx for trying to look at my page, i'm sorry for the loading time, i made the flash file a little bit to big, i didn't think about the people who uses a 56kb modem, i thought no one will use them these day.

When i finished the script for the game a will make a new and English page, wich will be a little smaller.

I Know about the copyright of the name Police Quest, but i could not thing about an other good name, which will link to the old Police Quest Serie, but i will cange the name in the future when necesery

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 01:46:25 PM »

hi adventureforall, (great nick!  ;) )

Thanx for trying to look at my page, i'm sorry for the loading time, i made the flash file a little bit to big, i didn't think about the people who uses a 56kb modem, i thought no one will use them these day.

I've got a download rate of 768kbit/s, and it took minutes... maybe the connection was not too good either. I even forgot about it and suddenly, while programming some complex algorithm, the sound came up! I thought my computer is going crazy or something until I discovered your flash film in my browser. well, it was already finished at that time... I'll check it again later. ;)
Mooh!

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 03:11:13 PM »

I've change the page, now you can chose if you wish to see the intro or not, i've made the main page in English, but i'm thing that i made some writing error, i'm sorry for that, my english isn't very good.

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 11:58:56 PM »

Yep, a skip link is reasonable before some 3.5M intro, thanks. :)

BTW: I'd like to help you, but even if I found the time - I really shouldn't! Read my own English and understand why!  :-X
Mooh!

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.