Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Sprite's (too) pixel border  (Read 2516 times)

angelword

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Sprite's (too) pixel border
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »

Hi,
I've created the base of my character's walk animation whit Illustrator, then animated it whit Flash and exported it in a pile of bitmap. Now, when I import them into SpriteEdit it try automatically to make the transparency for the "pink" background (that's the same color of my stage in Flash) but around all the images remains a thin "border" of "pink" pixel  :-[

It's like the transparency function of SpriteEdit couldn't remove the "pink" background precisely. I've taken a screenshot, look:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've tried to import the image in Bitmap and PNG, tried to change the transparency color but it's the same. Do I've to pass EVERY frame of EVERY animation under the Photoshop rubber?  ::slug

Please help!

Thank you

HelLRaiseR

• I don't want to make a Monkey Island clone :(
  • Wiki editor
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Box Studios
Re: Sprite's (too) pixel border
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:46:37 PM »

This is due to antialiasing effect. The antialiasing effect soften the borders for integrate the image with the background, This is achieved by creating intermediate colors between the color of the drawing and the background color

This has two possible solutions:

1.- Work without antialiasing, but you will view sawtooth around the sprite.

2.- Work with antialias, but with a real transparent background (not a background color, simply NO color, this is empty pixels) and export the sprites as png with alpha channel transparency, in this case, antialiasing effect will be created with intermediate colors between the color of the drawing and the transparent color.
Regards,

Fernando

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.