Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Node state problem  (Read 3359 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TheDerman

  • Regular poster
  • ***
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 225
    • View Profile
Node state problem
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »

Hi,

Run into an infathomable problem, which seems like some kind of bug, but I don't know.

Anyway - I've got a scene, with several sprites which are set to inactive - I enter this scene from another scene, and everything is ok - I exit the scene back to the original scene, THEN, re-enter the scene with the sprites, but now....they're all active - there is nothing written anywhere to turn them active.

The thing is though, I had in the scene_int script, some code to make them all inactive again, after I had made them active by clicking on them - but I deleted this code, but it's almost like, it's been leftover somewhere in the game.....and is messing up the scene now.

I've added new sprites and they work fine - even named them similar names (using number and letters), and they work fine - renamed the existing sprites, and they work fine - so it's just these sprites with these particular names, which were mentioned in the now deleted scene_init script.

Seems like a bug. What to do?   :(
Logged

metamorphium

  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • *
  • Karma: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1511
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Node state problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »

check in Scene Editor that you didn't have "Remember nodes states" and "including sprites" turned off. Otherwise we'd need to see the code.
Logged
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

TheDerman

  • Regular poster
  • ***
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 225
    • View Profile
Re: Node state problem
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »

Yep - checked that first.  :)

The problem isn't like that anyway - something somewhere is changing the node states, but only the second time I load the scene - load the scene the first time, the sprites are inactive (as they were saved in the scene initially), but load the scene a second time, the sprites are all now active.

I can't show you any code, because there isn't any code anywhere in any script that should change these sprites - they just change.

I've renamed the sprites now, and all works fine, so it seems something has gone wrong somewhere on a deeper level but only with those particular sprites, which would indicate some kind of bug to me, for whatever reason.

Anyway - I can't replicate the problem, so I'm not sure what can be done - I'm just mentioning it.   :)
Logged

metamorphium

  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • *
  • Karma: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1511
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Node state problem
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »

there's one nasty thing. If you have multiple layers and somehow name two entities the same way, Scene edit doesn't warn you but exhibits tons of unpredictable behaviors. I already pulled out half of my hair on that once. :)
Logged
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet
 

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.