Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: 3D Actor Blender export  (Read 169 times)

MARTIN151

• Lurker
    • View Profile
3D Actor Blender export
« on: September 07, 2024, 03:00:09 PM »

Hello,

I found quite a few posts here on the topic of connecting Blender and WME, but unfortunately none of them solved my problem. So to the question... I created a character for the game using Blender 4.0 without making sure enough that I would be able to insert it into the game without any problems. Actually, I found out that the .x file was needed when I was almost done even with the animations.

I've tried various ways to get the right file, including the .x export plugin, but that's for a significantly older version of Blender and just doesn't work in version 4.0.

Please, does anyone here on the forum have experience with exporting a character with animations from Blender 4.0?

Thank you all for the answers.

Mot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Actor Blender export
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 12:03:24 PM »

Hi Martin  :)

A few months ago, I tried to accomplish what you're trying at this moment (on Blender 4.2.1). I didn't manage to get it to work. I met a few people in the Blender community who are trying to do just the same for their game projects. Hopefully, someone will figure this out.

In any case, if this would interest you, you can use the animations of your Blender character in a 2D project by exporting frames as .bmp, and then using those to create sprites in wme's SpriteEdit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 12:05:41 PM by Mot »

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.